Steve Lumetta's Talks Page
(academic advising and similar themes)
- "Active Middleware to Support Services," NSF Workshop on Active
Middleware Services, Chicago, Illinois, October 1999.
- "Capacity vs. Robustness: A Tradeoff for Link Restoration in Mesh
Networks," U.C. Berkeley and UIUC ECE Graduate Seminar, September 1999.
- "The Impact of Phase Structure on
Performance," Invited Talk, International Symposium on High-Performance
Computing (ISHPC'99), Nara, Japan, June 1999.
(full PDF slides)
Given previously at the Illinois Computer Affiliates' Program, April 1999.
- "Direct Access Networks: A Paradigm for Robust Dynamic Extensibility,"
UIUC CS Colloquium, November 1998. (full PDF slides)
- "Developing Effective Communication Abstractions for Clusters of SMP's,"
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, September 1998.
- "Generalizing High-Performance Communication," UIUC ECE Computer
Engineering Seminar (ECE490-X), September 1998.
Return to Steve's Home Page
- "Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois," Peer Advising Fair,
- "Research Activites in Computer Engineering at the Coordinated Science
Laboratory," CSL Orientation, August 1999.
- "Active Learning: The Lecture," UIUC College of Engineering Dean's Seminar,